The HOPE Recovered Library for children is a program to assist primary school children with reading, focusing on English. Kofi Annan said, "Literacy is a bridge from misery to hope." As HOPE Recovered, we want to provide this bridge and give people hope. Morgan Freeman called literacy the ladder out of poverty. Therefore, HOPE Recovered decided to open a library to teach the children how to read. Furthermore, we want the children to have a relationship with Jesus, and we believe that is only possible if they can read the bible for themselves and hear the voice of God through it. With God, all things are possible, and their hopes and dreams will become a reality.
The registration process of each child involves an assessment to determine the reading level of the child. There are three levels: foundation, practice and reader.
- Children at the foundation level will get training sessions at the Library 2 or 3 times a week for 30 minutes. They will get help hearing, identifying and using different sounds that distinguish one word from another in the English language. In these training sessions, HOPE Recovered uses the Ferien-Lese Club material.
- Children at the practice level will get practice sessions at the Library once or twice a week for 30 minutes to practice reading with a teacher.
- Children at the reader level will only come to the Library to return a book and select a new one to take home.
This program requires parental involvement and assistance. According to the child's level, the parents are asked to read the book together with their child and ask questions about the story.
- Each child must be registered before they can participate in the HOPE Recovered Library program. A duly filled Registration and Indemnity Form needs to be filled in for the registration. Then each child will be assessed to determine the child's level. The child will be assigned to training or practice sessions according to the level.
- Es kann jeweils nur ein Buch ausgeliehen werden.
- To get a new book, the previous one has to be returned.
- Solte ein Buch verloren oder kaputt gehen, wird eine Gebühr von R50 erhoben. In diesem Fall kann ein neues Buch nur ausgeliehen werden, wenn die Gebühr vollständig bezahlt ist.
- Ein Buch kann für eine Woche ausgeliehen werden. Bitte stellen Sie sicher, dass das Kind die Bücher rechtzeitig zurück bringt.
- Please take note: HOPE Recovered, its staff and volunteers are not liable for the wellbeing of the child to or from the Library.
The Library for children is open during the following times:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 14:30 - 17:00
The HOPE Recovered Library is located at MLC (My Lord Conquers) church in Lethabong, Pretoria, South Africa.
How you can make a difference at the Library for children
HOPE Recovered sucht im Moment volgende Artikel für dieses Program:
- Bücher für Teenager
- children's books
- self-adhesive book covers
The Library for children – your volunteer opportunity
Kontaktiere uns, wenn du ein Herz für Kinder habst und ihr Leben verändern möchtest.